If there’s electricity, it’s not an off-grid cabin. Here are the positives and negatives of one off-grid camping experience in particular.
- It’s cold and raining outside but we’re dry, safe, and cozy in a private cabin.
- We have a wood stove and collected plenty of drywood before the rains came.
- We just ate a delicious dinner.
- Our laptop has enough stored energy to write this blog entry.
- We have each other.
- We have a living room.
- There’s an area rug.
- We have a refrigerator.
- We haven’t seen a mouse yet.
- We have no electricity.
- We have no indoor toilets, and it’s raining outside.
- There was no dessert.
- We have no hot water.
- With only one candle, it’s kind of hard to read.
- It only has one chair.
- Said area rug is a flattened piece of discarded cardboard.
- We found mouse droppings inside.
- There are loads of indoor insects.